I'm trying to use the jquery validation plug in to verify that two
fields (email addresses) are the same. If read through the tutorials
etc but it does not work. I wondering whether I am using it in the
right way. I want to validate each field individually so I use onblur
to execute the validation.
This is my first field and this validation works.
<dd id="ext_email-element">
<input id="ext_email" class="required email valid" type="text"
onblur="$(forms[0]).validate().element( "#ext_email" );" value=""
name="ext_email"/>
<label class="error" for="ext_email" generated="true">Please enter a
valid email address.</label>
</dd>
This is my second field. I want this field to be identical to
ext_email. The following validation does not work.
<dd id="check_ext_email-element">
<input id="check_ext_email" class=" {equalTo:"#ext_email"} valid"
type="text" onblur="$(forms[0]).validate().element
( "#check_ext_email" );" value="" name="check_ext_email"/>
</dd>
Firebug says that the onblur statement is true.
Am I using the plug in in the correcty way? Can someone point me in
the right direction?
Thanks,
/S
No comments:
Post a Comment