(function() {
var newMethods = {
// function start
AddTo : function(options) {
var defaults = {
// set default option values here
};
var options = $.extend(defaults, options); // access any options below this line
var obj = $(this);
}, // you seperate multiple functions by a , character
// function end
// function start
RemoveFrom : function(options) {
var defaults = {
// set default option values here
};
var options = $.extend(defaults, options); // access any options below this line
var obj = $(this);
}
// function end
};
jQuery.each(newMethods, function(i) {
jQuery.fn[i] = this;
});
})();
On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 8:06 AM, Allen123 <chiupin.chen@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,
I am learning how to author jquery plug in and trying to fire a custom event
using trigger and bind. However, for some reason, when I click the button
first time, the custom event is not called. If I click again, the event will
execute once. If I click the third time, the event will execute twice. Can
you guys tell me what's wrong with my code? Really appreciate your help.
my plug in
(function($) {
$.fn.hilight = function() {
return this.each(function() {
var $this = $(this);
//hightlight
//call trigger
$this.trigger('myEvent');
})
};
})(jQuery);
my html page
$(document).ready(function() {
$('#myButton').click(function(){
$('#myDiv').hilight().bind('myEvent', function(e) {
alert('event fired');
});
})
});
--
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/custom-event-firing-tp26524737s27240p26524737.html
Sent from the jQuery General Discussion mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment